Do you love sports? Are you funny? Are you motivated to get involved in sports media? If you checked off all three boxes…then congratulations….you may continue.
BIGPLAY.com is looking for talented and motivated interns that are ready to enter the arena that is sports media.
Who is BIGPLAY?
We are a startup co. based in Cleveland, OH that opened our doors at the end of 2014. We cover national sports news stories, and give our readers and sports talk viewers (desktop, mobile and iOS app) a funny outlet to stay informed on what’s happening today in sports. Check out our app if you haven’t already.
And our live sports talk shows on Twitter on FB:
If u see Liz in the muni lot, make sure to hand her a beer for making the trip! 🍻https://t.co/ZlcKmzdRmj
— Dave @ BIGPLAY (@BIGPLAYdaveymac) November 15, 2018
WOW…So What would I be doing?
All BIGPLAY interns have 2 job responsibilities:
- Write 1 sports article each week on bigplay.com
- this article will be reviewed, constructively critiqued, and finally published each week to hone your skills as a sports writer
- this can be about anything you want. Your favorite team, a funny sports video, whatever. Make it your own.
- login admin credentials will be provided to get started
- Contact potential sponsors each week for advertising opportunities for our live sports talk shows
- All of our video shows offer sponsorship opportunities for potential advertisers who are looking to reach our fans
- contact a minimum of 5 companies per week via email to gauge interest in on-air advertising (live reads, display graphics, etc.) for our various sports talk shows. You would then set up calls to discuss available ad slots with the potential sponsor along with a senior member of our team. Media kits and a BIGPLAY email address will be provided to you to get started.
Will this make me rich??
Cheer up. It’s better than you think.
As long as you’re showing initiative and crushing it, you’ll be paid for all advertising sales efforts, and for all published articles. You’ll get a % of all sports talk advertising revenues, and a % of display ad clicks from your articles.
Spend it wisely.
When do I start?
Contact Dave@bigplay.com to get going.
Welcome aboard, bro