It has come to my attention that new Browns’ head coach, Freddie Kitchens, loves talking in food puns. The obvious irony of a man named Kitchens using different kinds of food to get his point across is not lost on me. Many lines from his introductory press conference and intro video from the Browns referenced some piece of food and I’m starting to think it is intentional.
This has sparked an idea for a new trivia game for Cleveland fans. The game is called “Is this is a real Freddie Kitchens quote or a random food quote created by me?” The name may need a little work but it’ll have to do. Without further ado, here are 5 quotes, your goal is to determine if Freddie Kitchens actually said them or not.
- “Let’s Roll!”– Coach Kitchens used this quote to sign off of his introduction video posted by the Browns organization.
- “Offense is obviously my bread and butter, but we will be improved defensively as well.”– This was Freddie’s response to a question from Tony Grossi about if offense is more important than defense.
- “The Steelers and Ravens are toast this season.”– This was said by Freddie after a media member asked him if the Browns would compete for an AFC North title this year.
- “As you can tell, I’ve always loved brownies, now I get to coach them.”– Kitchens was joking about his college nickname of “Thick”.
- “I relish the fact that there’s been more downs than ups since 1999.”– Coach was talking about embracing the challenge of coaching the Browns’ franchise, which has not had much success since its return in 1999.
While I am sure that all of these sound believable, only #1 and #5 are real quotes from the new leader of the Browns. I will be keeping a close eye on his pressers from now on to catch any more of these delicious quotes.